Calendar of events
May 22, 2002
— Western Nevada Community College Commencement Ceremony, 7 p.m. at Churchill County High School Auditorium, 1222 S. Taylor St., Fallon.
— Sierra Farmers’ Markets, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Lampe Park in Gardnerville, rain or shine. Call 782-9828.
— 11th annual Nevada Women’s Fund luncheon, in celebration of the achievements and contributions of area women at the Reno Hilton Pavilion. Call 786-2335 or visit http://www.nevadawomensfund.org.
— Douglas County Building Industry Association presents “Water 101, Continued,” workshop, 6:30 p.m. at JT’s Restaurant in Gardnerville. Guest speakers are Judy Sturgis, John Garvin and B.J. Vasey. Registration required; dinner/workshop $23 per person. Call 783-1782.
— Comedians Michael Pace, Kenny Bob Davis and emcee Howie Nave perform at The Improv at Harveys Lake Tahoe. Call (800) 427-7247.
Recommended Stories For You
— White Wing performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge. Call 882-1626.
— Tony Vee performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature