Calendar of Events
May 27, 2002
— Lone Mountain Cemetery Memorial Day service hosted at 1 p.m. Monday includes a wreath-laying ceremony to honor fire and police department members who lost their lives at the World Trade Center in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. Wreaths also placed for veterans of all wars. Call 887-2111 or 887-2363.
— The American Legion Auxiliary Capital Unit No. 4 of Carson City invites all veterans and their families for cake and coffee after the 8 a.m. flag ceremony at Lone Mountain Cemetery. Veterans Memorial Hall is at the corner of Second and Curry streets.
— Marine Corps League Silver State Detachment annual honors ceremony at Virginia City Cemetery at 10 a.m.; Stewart Indian Cemetery at 11 a.m. and Lone Mountain Cemetery at noon. Call 882-7864.
— Nevada Civil War Volunteers reenactment of 19th century Army life from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at Fort Churchill Historic State Park. Call (775) 577-2345.
— Memorial Weekend Yard Sale at the historic Roberts House, 1207 N. Carson St., 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Features antiques, jewelry, glass, dolls, pictures, books, collectibles and more. Call 887-8865 or 882-1277.
Recommended Stories For You
— Steam Up for Memorial Day Weekend at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Adults $2.50, children $1 (6-11) 5-younger free. Call 687-6953.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand