Calendar of events
July 8, 2002
— Turquoise performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711. Through Sunday.
— Douglas County Planning Commission meets 1 p.m. in the Douglas County Administrative Building, 1616 Eighth St. in Minden.
— Nevada Artists Association meets at 1:30 p.m. at the King Street Gallery, inside the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Features Carol Albrect, who will present her “Ch’i” style of watercolor and ink painting. Open to the public; free admission. Call 882-2512.
— Hypertufa “Stone Pots,” 7-9 p.m. at Dayton State Park, reservations required. Features how to make stone pots in a hands-on workshop; $5 supply fee. Bring a large bowl or small box to use as a mold. Park admission $2; call 687-5678.
Recommended Stories For You
— Netwerk Electric performs at 10 p.m. at Sierra Vista Lakefront, 700 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City. Tickets $10 at the door; 21 and older only. Call (530) 583-2801.
— Comedians Sue Murphy, Sean Corvelle and emcee Howie Nave perform at The Improv at Harvey’s Cabaret, Lake Tahoe. Call (800) 427-7247.
— Teaser performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge. Call 882-1626.
— Chazz performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand