The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 39-year-old inventory-control worker from Carson City was arrested at 1:55 a.m. Sunday in the 1400 block of East Long Street on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,132.
• A 20-year-old tree serviceman from Sun Valley was arrested at 2:15 a.m. Sunday in the 800 block of East Musser Street on suspicion of a misdemeanor warrant for failure to appear. Bail was set at $732 cash.
• A customer-service representative from Carson City was arrested at 2:16 a.m. Sunday in the 800 block of East Musser Street on suspicion of misdemeanor contempt of court. Bail was set at $287 cash.
• A 22-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 12:06 a.m. Sunday at Carson and Third streets on suspicion of misdemeanor drunken driving, speeding and failure to maintain a single lane. Bail was set at $1,321.
• Wesley Tipton, 61, of Carson City, was arrested at 10:02 p.m. Saturday on Riley Circle on suspicion of gross misdemeanor discharge of a firearm and misdemeanor killing an animal. Tipton allegedly shot and paralyzed his neighbor’s cat with a .22-caliber rifle, and the animal later had to be euthanized, according to the arrest report. Bail was set at $5,632.
• A 23-year-old carpenter from Carson City was arrested at 11:59 p.m. Saturday at Third and Carson streets on suspicion of a misdemeanor failure to comply warrant. Bail was set at $500 cash.
• John Sanford Smith Jr., 36, of Carson City, was arrested at 8:59 p.m. Saturday at Graves Lane and Otha Street on suspicion of a felony probation violation, misdemeanor drunken driving and driving on a suspended license. Bail was denied.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded:
• A drunken driver at Highway 95A and Green Acres Lane in Mason Valley at 12:33 a.m. Saturday.
• A drunken driver on Goldpan Way in Dayton Valley at 1:52 a.m. Saturday.
• A drunken driver at Sparrow and Red Hawk drives in Fernley at 3:11 a.m. Saturday.
• A report of larceny in the 900 block of Villa Way in Fernley at 7:32 a.m. Saturday.
• Destruction of property in the 3300 block of Highway 95A in Silver Springs at 9:57 a.m. Saturday.
• Residential burglary on Cowee Drive in Mound House at 10:16 a.m. Saturday.
• A report of a stolen vehicle in the 3000 block of Highway 95A in Silver Springs at 10:36 a.m. Saturday.
• A domestic dispute in the 2100 block of Grouse Street in Silver Springs at 11:20 a.m. Saturday.
• A report of shots fired on Soaring Way in Fernley at 9:31 p.m. Saturday.