Carson City District Court judge doles out sentences and accepts pleas
Appeal Staff Writer
Several people appeared in Carson City District Court before Judge Michael Griffin on Monday:
• Clifton James Arbuckle, 39, was sentenced to 12 to 30 months in prison on a charge of felony third-offense drunken driving.
• James Beattie, 40, pleaded guilty to embezzlement and will be sentenced June 5.
• Mark Anthony Brown, 35, pleaded to guilty to drug trafficking and will be sentenced May 30.
• Andrew Estrada, 27, pleaded to statutory sexual seduction and will be sentenced June 26.
• Uvaldo Estrada, 35, pleaded guilty to attempted theft and was sentenced to time served. Estrada, of Carson City, was arrested in February on suspicion of felony grand larceny and misdemeanor petty larceny. According to the arrest report, Estrada worked as a janitor at a local business and allegedly stole several clocks, radios and other items while working.
• Dewey Harold Gionta, 38, was given five years’ probation with a suspended sentence of 13 to 40 months in prison on a charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm.
• A felony bench warrant was issued for Michael Hopper, 39, after Hopper failed to appear in court Monday to be sentenced on second-offense possession of a controlled substance.
• Jose Isabel Rodriguez-Hortega, 29, was given three years’ probation, with a suspended sentence of 12 to 32 months in prison on a charge of possession of a controlled substance.
• Rex Kevin Warren, 24, was sentenced to eight months in jail, with credit for 55 days time served on a gross-misdemeanor charge of taking a motor vehicle without the owner’s consent.
• Samuel Ray Weese, 24, pleaded guilty to drug trafficking and will be sentenced June 5.
• Michael Allan Willis, 42, was sent to prison to serve 12 to 36 months after failing to adhere to his probation. According to court records, Willis violated several rules including use of intoxicants and controlled substances and failing to check in for supervision.
• Javier Merlin, 33, was reinstated to probation on a charge of drug trafficking. He was ordered to attend an inpatient drug rehabilitation program.
• Contact reporter F.T. Norton at email@example.com or 881-1213.