Casino near Minden advances
October 23, 2002
MINDEN — Plans for a hotel-casino development on the north end of town have won support from county planners, who forwarded them to the Douglas County Commission for a hearing next month.
The project at U.S. 395 and Highway 88 initially was approved a year ago. On Tuesday, Douglas County planning commissioners gave unanimous support to the tentative map and design with some conditions.
The application to build the casino and hotel by Nevada Northwest LLC includes a retail and commercial businesses and single-family and multifamily housing units on 117 acres.
Planning commissioners denied the developer’s request for a waiver of county regulations that require a site for recreational vehicle storage when residential lot sizes are less than 8,000 square feet.
They also directed the developer to provide 4-foot fencing and sufficient lighting in subdivision alleyways.
The planners’ recommendation will go to the Douglas County Commission on Nov. 7.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature