City needs volunteers for boards and commissions |

City needs volunteers for boards and commissions

Staff reports

Carson City seeks to fill three openings on the Carson City Wildlife Advisory Board, one on the Library Board of Trustees and one on the Planning Commission.

Residents of Carson City who are sports enthusiasts or engaged in ranching or farming are needed for the Wildlife Advisory Board. One term expires July 2005, and the remaining two terms expire July 2006.

The deadline to apply for the wildlife board is June 16.

The Library Board of Trustees is looking for a resident to serve approximately eight hours a month. The committee oversees all library policy and budgets. It meets fourth Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. at the library.

Applications for the four-year term must be received by June 20 for the library board.

Any city resident can apply for the Planning Commission. The open position is a four-year term. Applications must be received by June 6.

The Planning Commission oversees the city’s development, land uses and growth issues. It meets last Wednesdays of every month at 3:30 p.m.

All applications received will be considered public information.

For applications, go to the Carson City Executive Offices, City Hall, 201 N. Carson St., No. 2, Carson City, NV 89701; or call 887-2100.