Closures for Labor Day
August 31, 2002
Government offices and many businesses will be closed or have changed schedules for Monday, which is Labor Day:
— All federal, state and city offices will be closed Monday. This includes the Carson City Library, which will reopen at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
— No mail will be delivered Monday. Both the main post office and the Ormsby Station branch will be closed Monday. The U.S. Post Office express at the Super Kmart will be open Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday and Monday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
— The PRIDE bus between Reno and Carson City on Monday will operate on the Sunday schedule. For information, call 348-RIDE or visit http://www.rtcwashoe.com.
— The Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada will be open 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday.
— The Bank of America inside Raley’s supermarket on South Carson Street will be open Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and closed Sunday and Monday. Most other banks and credit unions also will be closed Monday.
Recommended Stories For You
— Garbage collection from Capital Sanitation will be on its normal schedule Monday.
— The Nevada Appeal office will be closed Monday. The newspaper will be delivered as usual.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says