November 21, 2005
Holiday art auction, wine event supports artists
The Brewery Arts Center and the Northern Nevada Development Authority present an evening of holiday magic Dec. 8 at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall. The 2005 Holiday Art Auction and Wine Reception will feature art, music, food, and drink, and admission is free. The event begins 5:30 p.m. and the holiday concert begins at 7:30 p.m.
Some features of the event include:
• Entertainment including guitarists and carolers
• Silent auction
Recommended Stories For You
• Sale of unique holiday gifts and art pieces from 150 of the area’s top artists and artisans
• A free holiday concert presented by the Lake Tahoe Classical Guitar Society
• No-host bar featuring wine from the Brewery Arts Center’s official wine provider, Tahoe Ridge Winery
• Hors d’oeuvres and holiday treats
For information, call 883-1976 or visit http://www.breweryarts.org
Blood centers extends hours for holiday
Because of the tremendous need for blood and blood products over the Thanksgiving weekend, United Blood Services centers in Carson City and Reno will be open from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday.
For information or to make an appointment, call 887-9111 or drop by 256 E. Winnie Lane.
Online appointments may be made at http://www.bloodhero.com.
Volunteers needed for muscular dystrophy summer camp
The Muscular Dystrophy Association is searching for summer camp volunteers. Counselors are needed to help young people with neuromuscular diseases enjoy fun-filled, weeklong MDA summer camps across the country.
Counselors must be at least 16 years old and able to lift and care for a young person between the ages of 6 and 21.
At no charge to families, MDA’s summer camp program serves more than 4,000 campers nationwide in some 90 weeklong sessions.
Last year, over 4,700 volunteers helped make this all possible. It costs the association $600 to send one child to camp.
To obtain a volunteer application or learn about other ways to support MDA’s summer camp program, contact your local MDA office or call (800) 572-1717.
More information about summer camp volunteers can be found on the MDA summer camp pages of the MDA Web site at http://www.mdausa.org/clinics/camp/index.cfm.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit