November 25, 2005
Wisemen to visit Telegraph Square
In conjunction with the downtown Christmas tree lighting, the three wisemen and camels will be at Telegraph Square along with Christmas caroling and story telling.
There will be free candy canes from Santa, and Borges Carriage will be available for rides. Prices are $10 for adults and $5 for children.
Westfall Militaria will sponsor a Civil War event and professional old-time Father Christmas photos will be offered at Revelations, 512 S. Curry St.
Applicants sought for redevelopment committee
Recommended Stories For You
The Carson City Board of Supervisors is seeking applications from persons interested in serving on the city Redevelopment Authority Citizen’s Committee. The committee’s primary duty will be to make recommendations to the redevelopment authority and take action to award incentives to downtown business and property owners in the redevelopment district.
The Board of Supervisors will interview and appoint three qualified persons, A minimum commitment of up to 10 hours per month is expected. The following openings on the authority are for:
• Persons skilled in one of the following areas: architecture, urban planning, engineering, construction management, general contracting, historic preservation, residential and commercial development, real estate transactions, brokerage and property management, retail, entertainment and cinema, tourism and economic development, business ownership, startup and management, transit, cultural facilities, housing, economics and finance, education, technology, marketing, law.
• Business operator from the Redevelopment District
• Citizens at large.
Applications submitted for these positions will be considered public information.
Applications will be accepted until Jan. 5, and may be obtained at 201 N. Carson St., No. 2, 887-2100 or e-mail email@example.com.
Seminar on joint replacement this afternoon
Sierra Surgery & Imaging is offering a free seminar on joint replacement at 3 p.m. Friday.
Learn what you can do to live pain-free and get information on what causes joint pain and the latest in treatment.
Sierra Surgery & Imaging is at 1400 Medical Parkway. Space is limited. For information and reservations, call 283-3939 ext. 3883.
Elks Lodge to honor departed members
The Minden/Douglas Elks will pay tribute to their departed members in a Memorial Service Sunday. This service is open to the public, and all Elks, their families and friends are invited.
The ceremony is at the Minden/Douglas Elks Lodge at 2 p.m. The Lodge is at 1276 Pit Road in the Gardnerville Ranchos (off Tillman or Kimmerling to Short Court).
For additional information, contact Rodney Snead, lodge chaplain, 267-5066; or the Elks Lodge, 265-4523.
Victorian shopping at Fourth Ward school
Virginia City’s Historic Fourth Ward School offers Victorian Christmas “Cheerful” shopping from 6-8 Saturday.
Stop in after the Parade of Lights for a “cup of cheer,” some light appetizers and shopping in the unique museum gift store.
All merchandise is discounted 20 percent. Members receive an additional 10 percent off.
The school is decorated for a Victorian Christmas.
A giant fir tree decks the E.L. Wiegand Great Hall, and lights illuminate the old windows. Come enjoy the magic of Christmas on the Comstock.
The school is at 527 S. C St. Call 847-0975 or go to http://www.fourthwardschool.org.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature