December 23, 2005
Churches slate services for the new year
At St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Community on New Year’s Eve, a 4 p.m. Mass will be held with confessions from 2:30-3:30 p.m. The church is at 3000 N. Lompa Lane. For information, call 882-1968.
On Sunday, First United Methodist Church will hold regular worship service services will be at 8, 9:30 and 9:45 a.m. (The Gathering at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall) and 11 a.m. No Sunday School or youth groups are scheduled. For information, call 882-1436.
At Unity Church of Today, Burning Bowl services will be New Year’s Eve at 7 p.m. in the sanctuary and at the only service on New Years Day at 9 a.m. This Unity tradition invites the release of past troubles, to “Let go and let God.” The church is at 1701 Lucerne St., Minden. For information, visit http://www.unitychurchoftoday.org or call 782-4429.
River Advisory Committee meeting cancelled
Recommended Stories For You
The regularly scheduled meeting of the Carson River Advisory Committee on Jan. 4 has been canceled.
The next meeting of the committee will be Feb. 1. For information, call 887-2262.
Historic Resources Commission to meet
The Historic Resources Commission will meet at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 12 in the Sierra Room at the Community Center, 851 E. William St.
Members will consider an application by Presbyterian Church to demolish a church sanctuary built in 1864, located at 110 N. Nevada St. It is to be replaced by a new church and narthex.
Also scheduled is a discussion of policy regarding commissioners presenting projects and the selection of a chairperson and vice-chairperson.
Carson Tahoe Regional Healthcare move ends
With the opening of Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center, Carson Tahoe Regional Healthcare has relocated many of its services. Highlights of the Carson Tahoe relocations include the following:
• Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center is now open for patient care. Located at 1600 Medical Parkway in North Carson City, the medical center is the new health-care destination for emergencies, surgery, labor and delivery, and more. Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center’s main number is 445-8000.
• The old Carson-Tahoe Hospital building has been renamed Carson Tahoe Specialty Medical Center, 775 Fleischmann Way. For the convenience of the community, Carson Tahoe is consolidating many outpatient services in this location.
• Outpatient Behavioral Health Services has moved. Outpatient Behavioral Health Services has moved from 1201 Johnson St. to the Ross Building in the Sierra Professional Complex, 1001 N. Mountain St.
• Carson Rehabilitation Center has moved. Carson Tahoe’s rehab center, previously at 900 E. Long St., has moved to the third floor of the Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center, 1600 Medical Parkway. In addition, the name has been changed from “Carson Rehabilitation Center” to “Carson Tahoe Rehabilitation Center.”
• Wound Care has moved. Wound-care services, previously in Carson Rehabilitation Center on Long Street, has relocated to Carson Tahoe Specialty Medical Center, 775 Fleischmann Way.
• Outpatient Services has moved. Outpatient imaging services, previously located in the Ross Building on Mountain Street, has moved into Carson Tahoe Specialty Medical Center, 775 Fleischmann Way.
• Diabetes Education has moved. Diabetes Education, previously in the Community Wellness Center at 1122 S. Stewart St., has moved into Carson Tahoe Specialty Medical Center, 775 Fleischmann Way.
Drink responsibly this holiday season
The owners of Genoa Bar, “Nevada’s Oldest Thirst Parlor,” would like to remind everyone to drink responsibly this holiday season and to use a designated driver.
As thanks to those who volunteer to be the designated driver, the Genoa Bar would like to remind everyone of its ongoing policy of giving free non-alcoholic beverages to all designated drivers. It would like to encourage other bars and restaurants to do the same.
University of Nevada, Reno re-opens Jan. 3
The University of Nevada, Reno has closed for the holidays and will re-open Jan. 3. For detailed information and frequently asked questions regarding the winter closure, please visit http://www.unr.edu/winterclosure.
‘Runnin’ Rebel’ topic of ‘Nevada News Makers’
Former UNLV basketball coach Jerry Tarkanian will discuss his book “Runnin’ Rebel” on Wednesday’s “Nevada NewsMakers,” which airs on KRNV TV Channel 4 from 12:30-1 p.m. Monday through Thursday and Charter Cable Channel 12 at 9:30 p.m. the same day in Carson City and Washoe and Douglas counties. The program also airs on News Talk KOH 780AM radio Sunday mornings from 9-11 a.m.