October 3, 2007
Exhibitors, speakers sought for CHS career fair
Carson High School is looking for exhibitors for its first-ever “Your Future’s So Bright Day” career fair Oct. 17.
The deadline to sign up as a speaker or as an exhibitor is Oct. 12.
A variety of activities are planned for this day, including presentations by business and industry members representing 16 “career cluster” areas and the career fair.
Anyone interested in participating is asked to call Michele Lewis at 283-1624 or Robin Bleuss at 283-1838.
Recommended Stories For You
RSVP looking for volunteers
The Nevada 15 Rural Counties RSVP Program offers many options for volunteers who wish to donate a few hours – as little as one hour every 90 days – to assist seniors who want to continue to live in their own homes.
RSVP is looking for volunteers to assist with helping seniors meet a wide variety of needs within the community.
Help low-income seniors sign up for a weatherization program or tell someone about the Lifeline monitors which help save lives.
Call Janet McCormack at 687-4680 for details.
Family dance slated for Saturday
The Pioneer Family Dance will be 7-10 p.m. Saturday at the Brewery Arts Center Ballroom, 449 W. King St.
There will be live music with callers George Grover and Dan Allison. Call 830-7939.
Author to appear at libraries
Chris Crutcher has seen some of his books banned from school library shelves because of their realistic treatment of violence and abuse in young people’s lives. He has also received dozens of awards and honors for his work.
Local fans of this popular and controversial author of young adult books will have the chance to meet him in person when Crutcher comes to northern Nevada on Saturday as part of Northern Nevada Reads, a project of The Big Read.
Appearances for Saturday:
• 10 a.m., Spanish Springs Library, 7100A Pyramid Lake Highway, Sparks
• noon, Carson City Library Foundation’s Oktoberfest, Mills Park
• 4 p.m., Incline Village Library, 845 Alder Ave., Incline Village
• 7 p.m., Sierra Nevada College, Incline Village
Library hosts Oktoberfest fundraiser
The Friends of the Carson City Library will be hosting a Book Sale at the Oktoberfest 11 a.m.-6 p.m. at Saturday at the Pony Express Pavilion Mills Park.
The yearly Oktoberfest will feature live music, craft fairs, children’s activities, silent auctions, food, drink and more. There will be a wide selection of first-rate books at second-hand prices.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand