October 19, 2007
Eagle Scout project today to protect the Carson River
Eagle Scout Project 8 a.m.-1 p.m. today at Riverview Park. The public is encouraged to join this effort to protect trees from being gnawed by beavers and prevent erosion on the banks of the Carson River, at the park, 660 Marsh Road.
There will be opportunities to plant willows, paint trees to discourage beavers from cutting them down and other general cleanup. Parking will be available along nearby residential streets.
This project is organized by Jacob Flansberg and is endorsed by the Carson River Advisory Committee with assistance from the Carson City Parks and Recreation Department. Call 671-2135.
Class teaches women self-defense measures
Recommended Stories For You
Are you unknowingly making yourself a target for a crime? Would you know how to protect yourself if someone physically attacked you? Women’s Self Defense with Scott Klette will be offered 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays through Nov. 15. at Western Nevada College Library, 109C. Call 445-4288.
Flu Shot clinics will be held at the following locations
• 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesday at the Minden Medical Center, 925 Ironwood Drive, Minden
• 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Oct. 27 on the Legislative Lawn
• 2-6 p.m. Oct. 30 at the Carson Mall, 1122 S. Stewart St.
The flu clinics are open to everyone and no appointments are necessary. The cost for a flu shot is $25. Medicare will be billed for all Part B patients who bring their card. For a list of all locations, dates and times, call the Flu Shot Hotline 445-5595.
Mottsville Cemetery tour tonight
Ghost hunters and history buffs won’t want to miss the Haunted Mottsville Cemetery Tour at 6:30 tonight. This cemetery is the oldest in Nevada. Things to remember for the Haunted Gardnerville Ghost Walk the Mottsville Cemetery Tour: Bring a flashlight and dress warm. Wear warm comfortable walking shoes, to avoid becoming “dead on your feet.”
Howl-O-Ween DAWG Dog Adoption today
Come and enjoy the Howl-O-Ween DAWG Dog Adoption Event 11 a.m.-4 p.m. today at Petco, Highway 395 and Topsy Lane.
Enjoy Howl-O-Ween cookies with the dogs that are looking for homes. You just might find the one dog to howl along with and to share a cookie with. For information, visit http://www.dawgrescue or call 267-9824.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit