July 25, 2005
• Rotary Club of Carson City meets at noon at the Carson Nugget, upstairs. Guest speakers are Robin Williamson and Shelly Aldean, who will discuss recent changes to Carson City’s redevelopment policy. Call 885-7653.
• Proscenium Players auditions at 7 p.m. for “The Curious Savage,” at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Call 887-0438.
• Free program by Neal Cobb and Jerry Fenwick celebrating the 100th anniversary of Sparks, 7:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Carson City’s Parents for Quality Education presents a Forum for Quality Education from noon-5 p.m. at the Legislative Building, 401 S. Carson St., Room 3100. Call School Board Trustee, Sheila Ward, 883-1362, or Ann Bednarski, 882-3854.
• Picnic with chicken and potato salad, courtesy of Albertsons, from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday at United Blood Services, 256 E. Winnie Lane. Visit United Blood Services in Carson City at 256 E. Winnie Lane. Call 887-9111 for information or to make an appointment. Online appointments can be made at: http://www.bloodhero.com.
• Carson City Library will present the Coyote Puppet Theatre at 6:30 p.m. “Sir Coyote and the Bag of Letters.” No registration is required for the presentation, which will be held in the Storytime Room at the Carson City Library. Call 887-2244 or check the Web site at http://www.carson-city.nv.us/library.
Recommended Stories For You
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Kel Aiken on the V&T – Then and Now at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
• Tommy Bell performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through July 31. Call 882-1626.
• City Zy performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through July 31. Call 782-9711.
• Northern Nevada Development Authority membership breakfast meeting at the Piñon Plaza. Doors open at 7, buffet breakfast at 7:15, meeting at 7:30. Features Kevin Ray, executive director of the Nevada Commission to Reconstruct the V & T Railway. Cost $20 members, $30 invited guests, $30 at the door. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 883-4413.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Blue Turtle Seduction with Space Case will play from 7-midnight on the pool deck at Carson Hot Springs, 1500 Hot Springs Road. Tickets are $10 and include hot springs use as part of the Wednesday Hump Day pool party series. Call 354-7816.
• Muscle Powered evening walk, 6:30 p.m. Silver Saddle Ranch. Call 885-2166.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
• Lyon County Horsemen’s Association general meeting, 7 p.m. at McAtee Building, Silver Springs, next to fire department. Call 629-0713.
• Tommy Bell performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882-1626.
• City Zy performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Smith & Smith Farms, of Dayton, will be selling fresh flowers and produce from 3:30-7:30 p.m. in the parking lot of Adele’s, 1112 N. Carson St.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246-5296.
• “My Way,” a tribute to Frank Sinatra performed at 8 p.m. Thursday and Friday at the Cal-Neva Resort, Spa and Casino in Crystal Bay. Tickets $34.99 per person, or dinner/show tickets $95 per person. Call (800) 74-SHOWS.
• 11th annual Silver Dollar Car Classic Car Show. Includes Thursday night cruise from Plaza Hotel; Friday Cruise of Champions, street dance at the Carson Nugget parking lot; Saturday pancake breakfast, show and shine, Champion Speedway laps, Virginia City cruise and party; Sunday, pancake breakfast, poker run, silver dollar dinner and awards ceremony. Visit http://www.silverdollarcar.com or call 687-7410.