August 5, 2005
• Roberts House Yard sale from, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Disneyland exhibit open at museum for $3. Antique appraisals will be offered from 2-4 p.m. Sunday for $5 an item. Museum is at 1207 N. Carson St. Call Paula Cannon at 887-8865.
• Super Pawn and American Legion High Desert Post 56 Support Your Troops Sidewalk and Store Sale, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 3816 Highway 50 East. Call Don Atkins 887-0708.
• ESL In-Home Program of Northern Nevada will have an Award-Appreciation Ceremony/Pot-Luck lunch from 12:30-3 p.m., at the Brewery Art Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Call 888-2021.
• Champion Speedway auto racing, 1230 Race Track Road (off Bigelow), 7 p.m. Features Desert Rose 100 and several other classes of racing. Call 888-9777.
• Cowboy Crooners Festival features Larry Maurice and John Tyson at 7:30 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. The men present an evening of poetry, storytelling and history. Tickets $15 general, $12 members, seniors and students. Call 883-1976.
• Greenhouse Garden Center presents a free seminar taught by Certified Nursery Professional Sharon Pranzo, about gardening in the shade, 2450 S. Curry St. Call 882-8600.
Recommended Stories For You
• Taste of Gardnerville, fund-raiser with food and music from 5-9 p.m. Call 265-6097 or 265-3344.
• Free concert of Caribbean music with the Queen of Haitian Song, Emeline Michel and her 11-piece band, 7:30 p.m. at Oats Park in Fallon. Call (775) 423-1440.
• West Washoe Valley Bicycle Tour, 9-11 a.m. Meet at Belleview bridge off old 395. Bring water, lunch and/or snacks. Not recommended for children 8-younger. Call 687-4319.
• Galena Creek Park Junior Ranger Naturalist Program for children ages 7-12 presents Camouflage: Hiding in Plain Site from 2-3:30 p.m. at the park, 18350 Mount Rose Highway. Call 849-2511.
• “Building from the Past” concert featuring Bella Voce and the Mile High Jazz Band, 7 p.m. at the Ginny Baker Theater in the Jeanne Dini Center, Yerington. Call 883-4154 or 323-6090.
• St. Gall’s annual Awesome Rummage Sale 7 a.m.-3 p.m. at the church in Gardnerville. Call for information and directions.
• Potter’s House Christian Fellowship annual Healing Crusade, 7 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Free, open to the public. Call 721-5584 or 841-6403.
• “The Taming of the Shrew,” performed at 8 p.m. at the Gold Hill Gazebo by Gold Hill Theater Troupe through Sunday. General seating $24, reserved $33. Includes pre-play entertainment at 6. Call 847-0111.
• Tahoe Yacht Club Foundation’s Wooden Boat Week and Concours d’Elegance at Tahoe City through Aug. 11. Featured events include wooden craft exhibit and judging at Sierra Boat Company at Carnelian Bay, lakeside picnics, parades and rallies, fashion show and luncheon. Advance two-day pass ticket $20 adults; children 11-younger free with adult. At-the-gate tickets $5 higher. Visit http://www.tahoeyc.com or call (530) 581-4700.
• X Force performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882-1626.
• The BB Drifters perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Hot August Nights, cars, music and food from the ’50s and ’60s. An event you must see to believe, in Reno through Sunday. For information go online to: http://www.hotaugustnights.net or call 356-1956.
• Carson Chamber Singers Summer Concert, 5 p.m. on the Legislative Plaza, features Rock Bottom performing. Call 687-7410.
• Fourth Ward School’s Children’s Day in Virginia City. Play the way your great-great-grandparents did. Call 847-0975.