October 24, 2002
— RSVP 17th annual Nevada Days Fair in Mills Park. Features Midway West Amusements Carnival, A-mazin’ Beggin’ Strips Bacon Races (for dogs) Friday-Sunday; a smorgasbord of food and beverages plus arts and crafts. Hours are 4-midnight Wednesday-Thursday; noon-midnight Friday-Saturday, noon-10 p.m. Sunday. Fireworks Saturday around 7:30 p.m. Call 687-4680.
— Freeride performs at the Pi-on Plaza through Sunday. Call 885-9000.
— Nevada Day art show at Great Basin Art Gallery, 110 S. Curry St. continues through October 31. Call 882-8505.
— Carson Camera Club meets at 7 p.m. in the Painting Room at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. The field trip to Lagomarsino Petroglyphs will be reviewed; enter from north or south doors. Call 883-6016.
— Carson City Republican Central Committee meets at 7 p.m. at the Plaza Motel. All Republicans welcome. Call 883-7633.
— Lyon County Democratic Central Committee meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Stagecoach Community Center (south side of Highway 50, next to fire department). All Democrats welcome. Call 246-0878.
Recommended Stories For You
— The Robey’s perform at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Through Saturday. Call 782-9711.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand