October 23, 2007
The Sutro Tunnel was finished in 1878. The tunnel was 3.88 miles long. Construction of the tunnel began Oct. 19, 1869, and the Mission-style portal was finished in 1888. A photo caption on page C2 of Tuesday’s edition was incorrect.
The Nevada Constitution will be on display at the Nevada State Library and Archives, 100 N. Stewart St. from noon-3 p.m. Saturday. The Nevada Day events schedule on page A6 of Tuesday’s edition was incorrect.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 4 Northwest Nevada solar projects proposed