The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 22-year-old cabinetmaker from Carson City was arrested at 11:40 a.m. Wednesday on two warrants for suspicion of misdemeanor contempt of court. Bail was set at $659.
• A 34-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 10:28 p.m. Wednesday at Nye and Imperial lanes on suspicion of drunken driving and failure to use a turn signal. Bail was set at $1,199.
• Brenda Sue Evans, 36, a day-care worker from Carson City, was arrested on suspicion of felony burglary. Bail was set at $2,500.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• An elderly woman was knocked to the ground and robbed of her purse by two men who jumped out from behind trees in front of the Nevada Attorney General’s Office on South Carson Street at 12:30 a.m. Thursday. Two passersby witnessed the incident.
• A man reported people identifying themselves as “undercover cops” searched him and took his wallet Thursday at 9:22 a.m. in the 3700 block of North Carson Street.
• A truck driver threatened someone with a lead pipe at Imus Road and Genoa Lane on Thursday at 8:52 a.m.
• A home in the 200 block of Winters Drive was burglarized sometime Tuesday night.
• A car wheel was set on fire in the 1300 block of Windridge Drive.
• A ladder stolen from a Nevada Appeal photographer while he prepared to shoot photos at the Fifth Street roundabout was found on Edmonds Drive. A picture taken by the photographer of the man he thought stole the ladder proved to not be the suspect.
• A 3-year-old and a 4-year-old were found wandering in front of Empire Elementary School on Thursday at 8:25 a.m.