September 2, 2005
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Nestor Lopez-Soto, aka Nestor Lopez-Romero, 22, a road worker of Carson City, was arrested at 11:39 p.m. Thursday at a home in the 2700 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of three counts of abuse of an emergency phone number, a gross misdemeanor. Soto’s cell phone was allegedly linked to a number of fake 911 calls. Soto may also have violated alternative sentencing rules, a police report states, because he had been arrested the day before for alleged fake 911 calls. Bail was set at $2,500.
• A 22-year-old Carson City child-care worker was arrested at 1:09 a.m. Friday on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery after an alleged fight with her mother. Bail was set at $3,132.
• Dawn Monique Lee, 27, a caregiver of Carson City, was arrested at 6:05 p.m. Wednesday at a business in the 2100 block of Highway 50 on suspicion of burglary and possession of methamphetamine, both felonies, and possession of drug paraphernalia, failure to appear in court and trespassing, all misdemeanors. Bail was set at $6,806.
• David Alan Waters, 45, a convicted sex offender, was arrested at 12:55 p.m. Wednesday on suspicion of failing to register his sex offender status in Carson City, a felony. Waters was convicted in California of forced lewd and lascivious acts with a child under the age of 14. He allegedly told sheriff’s deputies he had been in Carson City for three days.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand