September 16, 2005
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Juan Casteneda, 37, a tile installer from Carson City, was arrested at 2:37 a.m. Friday at Carson and Proctor streets on suspicion of felony robbery, domestic battery and possession of a dangerous weapon. Casteneda allegedly assaulted his ex-girlfriend and took money from her pocket he claims she owed him. When he was contacted by deputies, a set of brass knuckles was allegedly found in his vehicle. Bail was set at $25,512.
• A 31-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 8:07 p.m. Thursday at Smith’s on suspicion of misdemeanor obtaining money under false pretenses and violation of a suspended sentence. Bail was set at $4,132.
• A 25-year-old cook from Mound House was arrested at 1:58 a.m. Friday in the 800 block of East Musser Street on suspicion of misdemeanor criminal contempt and a failure to pay fine warrant. Bail was set at $744.
• Donna Lee Courtney, 38, a nurse from Carson City, was arrested at 7:11 p.m. Thursday in the 700 block of Old Clear Creek Road on suspicion of felony possession of a dangerous weapon. Bail was set at $1,000.
• Kermit Kincheloe, 44, unemployed from Genoa, was arrested on suspicion of a probation violation at 1:36 p.m. Thursday in the 2800 block of South Carson Street. No bail was set.
Recommended Stories For You
• Donald Thomas Wells, 28, a driver from Carson City, was arrested at 8 a.m. Thursday in the 1900 block of Beverly Drive on suspicion of felony embezzlement and obtaining money under false pretenses. Bail was set at $22,500.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A 10-year-old boy at Fritsch Elementary was arrested at 1:27 p.m. Thursday for causing a disturbance at school.
• A report at 2:32 p.m. Thursday of someone breaking into a property at Pratt Street and Country Village Drive and throwing parties while the tenant is away.
• A vehicle burglary in the 100 block of Bonanza Drive sometime Wednesday night.
• Soccer players at Carson High School were being harassed Thursday at 4:58 p.m. by a drunk man in the bleachers. The man was taken to detox.
• A Carson City deputy collided with a vehicle at North Roop and Musser streets at 5:38 a.m. Friday. The 50-year-old civilian driver reported back, neck and shoulder pain. The deputy was unhurt.
• A hit-and-run accident in the Edmonds Drive roundabout at 11:42 a.m. Friday. A woman reported a male driver rear-ended her and then drove around her and left.
• A report of eight shots fired near the Goni Pit at 7:38 p.m. Another 20 shots were heard at 7:41 p.m. and a male voice yelling, “Yeah!” A deputy responding reported hearing shots as well. Three men were questioned.
• A man called dispatch stating his mother wanted him to check into Lifestress.
Deputies responded to the following calls Thursday:
• A domestic dispute in the 1300 block of E. Newlands Drive at 1:04 a.m. in Fernley.
• A misdemeanor warrant arrest at 5:26 a.m. in the 600 block of Annie Way in Fernley.
• A report of shots fired in Gopher Canyon in Fernley at 8:13 a.m.
• A report of harassing/obscene phone calls in the 3100 block of Hope Avenue in Silver Springs at 9:22 a.m.
• A juvenile problem at 9:23 a.m. in the 3700 block of Spruce Avenue in Silver Springs.
• Vandalism in the 600 block of Gabb Street in Mason Valley at 9:34 a.m.
• Residential burglary in the 300 block of Highway 50 East in Mason Valley.
• An animal complaint in the 200 block of Gordon Lane in Mark Twain at 12:34 p.m.
• An animal complaint at 1:09 p.m. in the 2200 block of East Newlands Drive in Fernley.
• A domestic dispute in the 600 block of Brook Lane in Fernley at 4:25 p.m.
• A misdemeanor warrant arrest in the 4100 block of Aspen Street at 4:51 p.m. in Silver Springs.
• A domestic dispute at 5:18 p.m. in the 4800 block of Osage Drive in Silver Springs.
• A battery on Dove Lane in Mason Valley at 6:31 p.m.
• A property damage report at 6:35 p.m. on Linehan Road in Mound House.
• A burglary in the 100 block of Rose Peak at 7:15 p.m. in Dayton.
• A reported fight at 7:54 p.m. in the 1300 block of East Newlands Drive in Fernley.
• Dispute at 7:25 p.m. in the 800 block of Branstetter Avenue in Mark Twain.
• A domestic dispute in the 12000 block of Shawnee Drive in Stagecoach.
• A noise complaint at 11:17 p.m. in the 300 block of Wildrose Court in Fernley.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit