The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 45-year-old cook from Carson City was arrested at 3:18 a.m. Thursday in the 200 block of North Roop Street on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,632.
• A 30-year-old Volcano, Calif., man was arrested at 9:41 p.m. Wednesday on suspicion of misdemeanor speeding, failure to maintain a single lane and drunken driving. He was allegedly driving through Carson City after a visit to a Mound House brothel when he happened to be driving behind Sheriff Kenny Furlong. Bail was set at $1,206.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A vehicle burglary was reported at 8:07 a.m. Thursday in the 4000 block of Garson Court.
• Graffiti was reported on the freeway wall near Imus Lane just South of Bonanza Drive at 9:30 a.m. Thursday.
• A man reported elder abuse of his mother, who was taken to the hospital with a dislocated shoulder and an arm injury she suffered while at a convalescent center on Wednesday.
• A home in the 4000 block of Hells Bells Road was burglarized sometime Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.
• A juvenile was arrested for being intoxicated at 8:34 p.m. at Carson High School.
Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A gate was broken and a Rottweiler was stolen from a pen at the dog pound on Harte Road on Wednesday night.
• A transient, wearing a backpack and carrying a five-gallon bucket with a burn hole in it, was riding a bicycle on Highland Road. The caller was concerned because school buses were getting ready to drop off children at 2:07 p.m. Deputies were unable to locate the cyclist.
• A mother called from California at 3:33 p.m. to report she was talking to her manic depressive daughter on the phone who was hallucinating. The call was deemed “unfounded.”
• A man called at 6:14 p.m. to let deputies know if they got a report of shots fired near Yellowjacket Road, he had to put his horse down.