The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Christopher John Thomas, 25, a jail inmate, was arrested Thursday at 11 p.m. on suspicion of battery by a prisoner. Bail was set at $25,000.
• Carlos Hiran Lora, 19, a jail inmate, was arrested at 11 p.m. Thursday on suspicion of felony battery by a prisoner. Bail was set at $25,000.
• Alvin Eugene Smith, 35, an unemployed transient was arrested at 11:13 p.m. Thursday in the 3800 block of Highway 50 East on suspicion of felony passing a forged check, obtaining money under false pretenses and 14 counts of possession of counterfeit checks. Also arrested was Diane Beachman, 45, unemployed from Carson City, on suspicion of felony passing a forged check, obtaining money under false pretenses and six counts of possession of counterfeit checks. Bail was set at $12,500.
• Nancy Lowry, 52, a private investigator from Carson City, was arrested at 1:29 a.m. Friday at Carson and Long streets on suspicion of felony third offense drunken driving, no seatbelt, no insurance and failure to maintain a lane. Bail was set at $10,000.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A car was “keyed” sometime Wednesday night in the 2200 block of East Long Street.
• A 4-year-old child was found alone and crying in a park on Monte Rosa Drive on Thursday at 6:35 p.m. The child’s father was located about 30 minutes later.