July 8, 2005
The following people were booked into Carson City jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Michael J. Cox, a 23-year-old Carson City man of unknown employment, was arrested at 10:55 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Musser Street on a felony warrant for parole and probation violation. Cox turned himself in at the Carson City Sheriff’s office. Bail was denied.
• A 21-year-old Carson City man of unknown employment was arrested at 9:39 a.m. Thursday in the 1000 block of North Saliman Road on a misdemeanor warrant for violation of a suspended sentence. Bail was set at $3,000.
• A 65-year-old transient was arrested at 10:12 a.m. Thursday in the 500 block of West College Parkway on suspicion of misdemeanor trespassing. Bail was set at $237.
• A 52-year-old Wellington man of unknown employment was arrested at 3:30 p.m. Thursday at the Carson City Jail on a misdemeanor warrant for contempt of court. Bail was set at $1,361.
• A 29-year-old Gardnerville man of unknown employment was arrested at 3:30 p.m. Thursday at the Carson City Jail on a misdemeanor warrant for violation of alternative sentencing. Bail was set at $3,000.
Recommended Stories For You
• A 55-year-old temp worker from Carson City was arrested at 11:15 p.m. Thursday in the 2700 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor possession of marijuana and allowing an unauthorized minor to drive. Bail was set at $712. The suspect allegedly told police he had a medical condition that allowed him to smoke marijuana and a card to prove it. When deputies asked to see the card, the suspect allegedly became uncooperative.
• A 35-year-old carpenter from Carson City was arrested at 3:20 a.m. Friday in the area of the Carson River and Mexican Dam on a misdemeanor warrant for failure to appear, suspicion of misdemeanor driving under the influence and having an open container. Bail was set at $3,106. The suspect was allegedly found passed out over the steering wheel in a dirt turn-out, his headlights on, car running, stereo loud and turn signal activated. He admitted to police to having had a “couple beers.”
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A bag of white powder was found behind an apartment in the 200 block of Conestoga Drive.
• Two juveniles were throwing rocks at a house in the 1600 block of Spooner Drive.
• A man attempted to pass a bad check at a check-cashing store on East Highway 50.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy
- Carson City sets aside site for affordable housing