July 14, 2005
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• James Ryan Karpus, 34, of Dayton, was arrested at 7:14 p.m. Wednesday in the 2700 block of Dori Way, on suspicion of two counts of felony failure to appear, one misdemeanor failure to appear warrant, suspicion of felony theft of a motor vehicle, and absconding parole and probation. No bail was set.
• Chad Russell Hunter, 35, a radio equipment operator from Carson City, was arrested at 1:52 p.m. Wednesday in the 1000 block of Roop Street on suspicion of gross misdemeanor felony child abuse and misdemeanor domestic battery. Bail was set at $5,632.
• Clifton Daniel Neal, 29, disabled from Carson City, was arrested at 3:59 a.m. Thursday at Carson and William streets on a Clark County felony warrant for possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell. No bail was set.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• An employer reported a 62-year-old worker, who had been suffering from pneumonia, didn’t arrive for work and wasn’t answering his door Thursday. Deputies found the door ajar, but the chain lock on and the man dead from natural causes at home in the 1300 block of North Carson Street.
Recommended Stories For You
• A vehicle was spray-painted and its mirror ripped off sometime Wednesday night in the 400 block of Winnie Lane.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders