July 16, 2005
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 53-year-old Carson City man of unknown employment was arrested at 8:37 p.m. Friday in the 2100 block of Highway 50 East on suspicion of misdemeanor battery, disorderly conduct, affray, threats, obstructing/resisting arrest and battery. Bail was set at $4,690.
• A 45-year-old Garden City, Idaho, man of unknown employment was arrested at 6:50 p.m. Friday at Ninth and Stewart streets on suspicion of misdemeanor disorderly conduct and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Bail was set at $869. According to the police report, deputies responded to a call regarding a shouting match between four individuals in a truck. One, the suspect’s 17-year-old daughter, reportedly had a blood alcohol content of .229. The suspect allegedly told police he supplies his daughter with alcohol and allows her to drink.
• Francisco Velasco, a 50-year-old grocery store worker from Carson City, was arrested at 7:52 p.m. Friday in the 700 block of East Park Street on suspicion of felony assault with a deadly weapon (beer bottle). Bail was set at $2,132.
• A 19-year-old detailer from Carson City was arrested at 10:40 p.m. Friday at Stewart Street and Wright Way on suspicion of misdemeanor speeding, failure to maintain a single lane, possession of drug paraphernalia and DUI. Bail was set at $2,458.
• A 24-year-old exotic dancer from Sparks was arrested at 1:03 a.m. Saturday at Curry and Musser streets on suspicion of misdemeanor DUI, following too close, unsafe backing up, suspended plates, no insurance and failure to maintain a single lane. Bail was set at $2,513.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy