The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 43-year-old transient laborer was arrested at 4:12 a.m. Friday on suspicion of failure to appear.
• Valarie Baxley, 35, unemployed of Carson City, was arrested at 2:12 a.m. Friday in the 3800 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of felony probation violation. No bail was set.
• Moises Ortiz-Banuelos, 29, unemployed of Carson City, was arrested at 5:12 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Musser Street on suspicion of felony possession of a dangerous weapon by an inmate. Jailers allegedly found a sharpened toothbrush hidden in his mattress. He was originally in custody on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine. His bail is set for $5,000.
– Deputies responded to the following calls:
• An intoxicated man was passed out on the sidewalk between a liquor store and a barber shop in the 1500 block of North Carson Street on Thursday at 3:45 p.m. The jail refused to take him into civil protective custody because a preliminary breath test put his blood alcohol level at .50. He was taken to the hospital.
• A home in the 3500 block of Baker Drive was burglarized sometime before Thursday at 4:30 p.m.
• A 1995 blue full-size 4-wheel drive Ford Bronco was stolen from the 2400 block of North Carson Street between 5:30 p.m. and 9:07 p.m. Thursday.