The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Daniel W. Contreras, 45, of Carson City was arrested at 1:49 a.m. Monday in the 1500 block of Sharon Drive on suspicion of gross misdemeanor violation of a stalking order, misdemeanor battery, felony burglary and driving on a suspended license. Bail was set at $29,264.
• Melissa Coen, 33, of Carson City was arrested at 1:55 p.m. Monday in the 900 block of Musser Street on suspicion of felony embezzlement and uttering a forged check. She allegedly embezzled $21,303 as a bookkeeper for area casinos. Bail was set at $25,000.
• James Gibbons, 40, a Smith’s employee, was arrested at 3:42 a.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of East William Street on suspicion of felony embezzlement. He allegedly filled two shopping carts with groceries and walked them out of the store. Also arrested was Wendy Lynn Thackston, 37, of Carson City on suspicion of felony grand larceny, possession of methamphetamine and misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia. Her bail was set at $28,632.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• Vacuums were stolen from a business in the 2100 block of Highway 50 East Tuesday.
• A vehicle stolen from Pershing County was found with its engine running in front of Lowe’s Home Improvement Center on Monday.