July 26, 2005
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Justin Cox, 32, a laborer from Carson City, was arrested at 1:43 p.m. Monday at Nevada and King streets on suspicion of misdemeanor driving on a suspended license and felony probation violation. No bail was set.
• Juan Ruiz, 41, a roofer from Carson City, was arrested at 2:10 a.m. in Mound House on Tuesday on suspicion of violation of an extended order for protection against domestic violence. According to the arrest report, 15 minutes after Ruiz was served with the order Monday, he allegedly called his daughter’s cell phone and left a message for his ex-wife claiming “tonight is the last night,” and he is going to kill her. A Carson judge raised Ruiz’s bail to $10,000 and ordered if he does make bail he be fitted with an ankle bracelet.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• Someone dented a car roof in the 3300 block of Northgate Lane sometime Monday.
• A front door was broken and lights stolen from an apartment in the 700 block of Broadleaf Lane sometime Monday night.
Recommended Stories For You
• A woman claimed Monday her ex-husband was calling from Pennsylvania threatening to kill her and her daughter.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature