The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• David Chavez, 31, a machinist from Carson City, was arrested at 4:16 p.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of Pheasant Drive on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery and gross misdemeanor false imprisonment. Bail was set at $5,632.
• A 23-year-old administrative assistant from Carson City was arrested at 11:55 p.m. on Thursday on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,132.
• Albert William Buhrer, 28, was arrested Thursday on suspicion of felony uttering a forged instrument and obtaining money under false pretenses. His bail was set at $40,000.
• Edward Duane Bortner, 20, of Carson City, was arrested at 3:03 p.m. Thursday in the 200 block of Applegate Lane on suspicion of two counts of felony attempted robbery, misdemeanor violation of bail conditions and misdemeanor battery.
According to the arrest report, Bortner attempted to “carjack,” an elderly man at Rite Aid. When the victim got away, Bortner allegedly attempted to steal another vehicle from a woman washing her car at the self-service carwash behind Sizzler.
“(Bortner) pulled open the driver’s side door, pointed his finger at her representing a gun and said ‘I want your (expletive) car,'” wrote Deputy Bill Richards in the report. “(The woman) told Bortner she would kick his ass and (he) took off running.” The victim’s husband apprehended Bortner and held him for police. No bail was set.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• Two females were involved in a fist fight in the 1300 block of South Carson Street on Thursday at 1:46 a.m.
• An intoxicated boyfriend was trying to get into his girlfriend’s apartment and went to the wrong door Thursday in the 1700 block of Russell Way at 3:27 a.m.