August 17, 2005
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 42-year-old clerical worker from Carson City was arrested at 9:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 2400 block of Merrit Drive on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,132.
• Dwayne David Pope, 26, unemployed from Carson City, was arrested at 12:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 2200 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of felony fraud in a gambling establishment. Pope allegedly stole a claim ticket for $200 from someone else’s slot machine and attempted to cash it the following day. His bail was set at $7,500.
• A 33-year-old transient waitress was arrested at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Fall and Lee streets on suspicion of misdemeanor violation of bail conditions. Bail was set at $3,000.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A bag containing a handgun was found inside a North Carson Street casino Tuesday at 12:47 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
• A home in the 7000 block of Schulz Drive was burglarized Tuesday.
• A motorist called in a report of a driver hitting the median, failing to stop at stoplights and unable to maintain lanes Tuesday at 10:27 p.m. on East College Parkway. Deputies stopped the suspect vehicle at North Carson and Long streets. A 50-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
• A white 1991 Toyota Celica with California plates was stolen from the 500 block of Jeanell Drive sometime between 1:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy