September 8, 2005
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 45-year-old mill operator from Mound House was arrested Thursday on suspicion of misdemeanor contempt of court and possession of a hypodermic device. Bail was set at $1,393.
• A 52-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 8:51 am. Thursday on suspicion of misdemeanor contempt of court and violation of a suspended sentence. Bail was set at $7,500.
• Rene Omar Ramos-Mejia, 26, landscaper from Carson City, was arrested at 2:23 a.m. Thursday in the 500 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of felony trafficking and misdemeanor possession of marijuana and failure to appear. Bail was set at $25,732.
– Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A transient hanging around a business in the 1700 block of North Fall Street apparently tried to start a fire over the weekend. Deputies were unable to locate the transient.
Recommended Stories For You
• Staff at an Ormsby Boulevard nursing home reported an 85-year-old woman missing from the center about 3:13 p.m. Wednesday. It was discovered her family had taken her out for the day without informing anyone.
• Two juveniles were found in the old Kmart building on North Carson Street on Thursday at midnight. They were released to their parents.
• A radar detector and other items were stolen from a vehicle in the 2000 block of Snowflake Drive sometime Wednesday night.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand