September 11, 2005
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Oscar Garcia-Garcia, 20, a transient salesman, was arrested at 5:34 p.m. Saturday in the 900 block of Woodside Drive on suspicion of felony possession of methamphetamine. Bail was set at $2,500.
• Steven Chan, 29, an employed transient and escaped convict from Nevada State Prison, was picked up from Washoe County Sheriff’s Office deputies at 1:57 a.m. Sunday and taken to Carson City jail. No bail was set.
• Nefi Castillo, 23, a machinist from Carson City, was arrested 12:52 a.m. Sunday in the 3400 block of Highway 50 East on suspicion of felony parole violation for allegedly drinking. No bail was set.
• An 18-year-old unemployed Carson City man was arrested at 3 p.m. Saturday in the 1500 block of North Edmonds on a warrant of suspicion of contempt of court. Bail was set at $2,000.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand