December 9, 2005
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 54-year-old carpenter from Carson City was arrested at 9:35 a.m. Thursday on suspicion of misdemeanor violation of a suspended sentence, second-offense drunken driving and hit and run. Bail was set at $5,276.
• Douglas Kinard, 21, a construction worker from Carson City, was arrested at 11:51 a.m. Thursday in the 900 block of East Musser Street on suspicion of felony uttering a forged instrument and two counts of obtaining money under a false pretense. Bail was set at $20,000.
n The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded:
• Vehicle burglary report in the 700 block of Hot Springs Road at 1:25 p.m. Thursday.
• A boat motor was reported stolen from a storage lot in the 200 block of Sierra Nevada Lane sometime Sunday night.
Recommended Stories For You
• A man reported it appeared someone had come into his home shortly before 2:04 p.m. Thursday because he could still see wet foot prints on the floor and his father’s ashes were missing. The man stated he was having “problems” with his sister.
• A vehicle was reported stolen Thursday at 2:30 p.m. from the 900 block of Hot Springs Road.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded:
• Destruction of property report on Kit Kat Road in Mound House at 2:21 a.m.
• Accident on northbound Highway 95 Alternate in Fernley at 6 a.m.
• Vehicle burglary report on Dallas Street in Fernley at 6:47 a.m.
• Battery report at Fernley High School at 8:24 a.m.
• Coroner was called to the 1800 block of Bogie Court in Fernley at 8:30 a.m.
• Vehicle fire on Highway East in Mound House at 10:20 a.m.
• Juvenile problem report on McClellan Peak in Dayton at 11:33 a.m.
• Domestic dispute and destruction of property report in the 4500 block of Quince Avenue in Silver Springs at 12:38 p.m.
• Juvenile problem report in the 3000 block of East Eighth Street in Silver Springs at 4:57 p.m.
• Vehicle fire on Highway 95 Alternate in Mason Valley at 11:47 p.m.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Thursday:
• A dog barking report in the 200 block of Avenue Bleu De Clair in Lockwood at 11:28 a.m.
• A vehicle rollover at 5:35 p.m. on Interstate 80 in Lockwood.
• An arrest was made at 9:23 p.m. on Canyon Way in Lockwood.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit