Deputy’s wife bails out on drug charge
October 23, 2002
A Lyon County sheriff’s deputy’s wife, who was arrested last week on suspicion of drug possession, bailed out of the Carson City Jail on Wednesday.
Lori Barwig, 46, wife of Deputy Gary Barwig of Dayton, posted a $3,406 bail. She was arrested Friday night at her job on Basque Way for suspicion of felony possession of methamphetamine and misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia after police received information that she had allegedly supplied drugs to a minor.
According to Lt. Jeff Page of the Lyon County Sheriff’s Department, when Lori Barwig was arrested, her husband was immediately placed on paid administrative leave pending an investigation.
Page said the sheriff’s office is awaiting reports on what was found in a search warrant executed on the couple’s home.
“Once we’ve ruled out any criminal activity on the deputy’s part, than we’ll begin an internal investigation,” Page said.
No allegations of drug use have been levied against the deputy.
Recommended Stories For You
Lori Barwig is scheduled to appear in Carson City Justice Court on Oct. 28 for a hearing.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit