Electrical fire chars Minden building
November 13, 2002
MINDEN — It was back to business on Tuesday at Coldwell Banker Itildo Inc. after an electrical fire Monday night damaged the company’s offices.
The fire started around 7 p.m. between the first and second floors of the building at 1625 Main St. and drew firefighters from five stations.
No injuries were reported. The company cat, CB, who lives inside the building, was uninjured, according to John Hamer, general manager of Itildo.
Damage is estimated to be between $20,000 and $25,000 to the outside of the building, and $10,000 inside for smoke damage.
The Nevada Highway Patrol and Douglas County sheriff’s deputies rerouted traffic on Highway 395 for two hours over County Road, according to Capt. Terry Taylor of the East Fork Fire and Paramedic Districts.
Volunteer firefighters from Gardnerville, Sheridan Acres, Gardnerville Ranchos and Genoa helped fight the fire along with the Douglas County Engine Co.
Recommended Stories For You
Hamer said quick-thinking Carson Valley Inn security employees noticed the smoke and made the emergency call.
“Everyone was great,” Taylor said. “They knew just what to do.”
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature