Former gang lord turned evangelist to speak
October 12, 2002
Missionary evangelist and soloist Dave Ruiz will perform at the 8 and 10:30 a.m. services Sunday at Capital Christian Center, 1600 Snyder Ave.
Born and raised in the ghettos of Brooklyn, N.Y., during the days of raging gang era, Ruiz was the war lord of a local gang called the Hell-Burners at the age of 14. At the same time he was experimenting in drugs, as well as being involved in areas that were contrary to God and man’s law.
Ruiz will give his compelling story at each of the morning services at Capital Christian Center. For information, call 883-3355.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature