Headlines from one year ago
August 25, 2005
Sarah Winnemucca brings descendant and artist together for sculpture and Nevada Day parade
One hundred-thirteen years after her death, Paiute activist Sarah Winnemucca recently crossed the paths of two people laboring to portray her.
Parents get info in Spanish
Alicia Prado speaks no English, but wants to help her 10-year-old daughter Jackie improve at school. Prado and more than 30 other parents attended the recent Hispanic Community Information Night at Bordewich-Bray Elementary School, where school and community officials spoke in Spanish about many topics.
Update: This year’s Hispanic Community Information Night on helping children with homework and finding assistance with health issues will be from 6-8 p.m. Nov. 2. Other information nights with varying topics will be announced later.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’