Infant killed in dog mauling
December 12, 2002
KINGS BEACH — A 2-week-old infant was mauled to death Wednesday by a family dog, Placer County authorities said.
Placer County sheriff’s deputies and North Lake Tahoe Fire Department rescue crew member rushed to a Kings Beach home at about noon. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation was performed on the infant.
A short time later, the baby was pronounced dead from what appeared to be numerous traumatic injuries, sheriff Capt. Rick Armstrong said.
The dog, an 85- to 100-pound, mixed-breed husky, has been placed in quarantine by the Placer County Animal Control, awaiting further direction from the sheriff’s department.
Detectives from the North Lake Tahoe Station of the Placer County Sheriff’s Department are conducting an investigation of the death.
The names of the infant’s family and the dog’s owner were unavailable Wednesday night.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature