Joy at rebirth from generation to generation
October 23, 2007
Madeline Chevelle Kachel made her first public appearance on Oct. 20.
Weighing in at 6 pounds 6 ounces, she was 19 inches long on her birthday.
This tiny beauty, with the face of an angel, won the hearts of all who saw her that day.
Words could not express the joy that was felt by the proud parents, grandparents and great-grandparents at Madeline’s birth.
There is a similar joy in heaven and in the church every time someone is born again. The Apostle Paul experienced that joy. He knew the joy of being a spiritual parent and grandparent.
He knew the importance of passing the Gospel’s life-giving faith from generation to generation. He wrote, “And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others.” – II Timothy 2:2
Recommended Stories For You
Today, I rejoice at the birth of Madeline, my granddaughter. I look forward to the day when Madeline comes to embrace the precious faith which has been passed down from generation to generation to her.
On that day there will be joy in heaven, in the church and in my heart.
• Ken Haskins is pastor of First Christian Church in Carson City.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’