Legs broken in Mound House crash
April 9, 2002
A Minden woman was recovering in a Reno hospital Monday after suffering two broken legs in a Sunday afternoon accident in Mound House.
Sharon Jarboe was listed in serious condition in the intensive care unit at Washoe Medical Center on Monday night.
Jarboe and her husband, John, were riding a motorcycle west on Highway 50 in the right lane when a 1997 Ford pickup truck driven by Marine Christopher Jones of Bridgeport pulled out from Linehan Road and struck the motorcycle on its right side, knocking the couple off, said Trooper Pat McGill of the Nevada Highway Patrol.
“Jones basically didn’t see the motorcycle, so after he stopped he pulled out and there it was,” he said.
“John Jarboe received minor injuries. Sharon Jarboe received two broken legs. She was (taken by) Care Flight to Washoe. He’s just scraped up, but OK,” McGill said.
Jones was issued a citation for failure to yield right-of-way.
Recommended Stories For You
Alcohol was not a factor in the crash. Traffic was backed up for as much as 30 minutes following the crash.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’