Letter to the editor, Tuesday, Nov. 11, 2014
November 10, 2014
A Gift Sublime
The following poem was published in The Inquisition (The Voice of Nevada Poets):
A long time ago
In a very lowly town
A Babe was born one night,
And Him, nearby shepherds found.
Recommended Stories For You
They didn't know about His birth
Till they heard angels sing
Giving them glad tidings
Of a long-awaited King.
The Babe was in a manger
Just as the angels told.
His bed was straw that oxen eat.
He was bundled from the cold.
Then came three kings from far away
With gold, frankincense and myrrh …
Special gifts for a newborn King.
They were guided by a brilliant star
This babe, one day, would lay down
His life for all mankind
The greatest gift that one can give …
A perfect gift, sublime.
In this He set an example
Of how each of us should live
And all of you have followed
With what you and yours now give.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit