Letters to the editor for Friday, Dec. 26, 2014
December 25, 2014
Buy a Share the Road license plate
Recently there has been an increasing number of pedestrian, bicycle, and vehicle accidents. Media reports of fatalities and injuries occur on a seemingly daily basis.
Efforts have been made by numerous groups and law enforcement to increase safety and convenience on behalf of our citizens. The public safety commercials on television and the radio serve as an important reminder that our welfare cannot be taken for granted. We must individually ensure that we travel with caution, patience, and compassion.
As the chair of the Nevada Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Board, I would also encourage you all to consider purchasing one of the state's new license plates: Share the Road. This would make a great gift this holiday season and also help support statewide safety initiatives and training.
Happy holidays, and best wishes for a safe and healthy New Year!
Dennis W. Stark
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit