Letters to the editor for Saturday, Dec. 28, 2013
December 28, 2013
Muth is hilariously off-base; tea party isn't a boon to GOP
Your Friday paper should've come with a warning to readers: Caution — Chuck Muth's commentary could cause extreme outbursts of laughter.
Its headline "Tea Party Has Rescued Ailing and Inert GOP" caused me to blow coffee out my nose. Seriously? This humor beats anything on the comics pages. Too bad the Tea Party's joke is on America — "Nuff said," to quote Mr. Muth.
Andrea J. Minor
Reasons to stay sober on our roads abound
Recommended Stories For You
There are many reasons not to drink and drive this holiday season. Here are three to think about: friends, family, your children. Let's keep this holiday a joyous one. If you are going to drink, don't drive, designate a sober driver, or call a taxi.
On behalf of Sheriff Furlong, the employees and auxiliary units of the Carson City Sheriff's Office, we would like to wish you and yours a happy and prosperous New Year.
Sgt. Scott McDaniel
Carson City Sheriff's Office
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy