Letters to the editor for Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014
December 6, 2014
Downtown businesses need sprucing up
Traveling down Carson Street, I found it interesting that certain businesses across from the Capitol complex have not realized that fall is over, winter is here, and the time has passed for cleaning the sidewalks of leaves and other trash. With the city pressing along with plans for the renewal of the downtown corridor, it occurred to me that there are a few businesses that really don't care what the downtown area looks like. This attitude is not conducive to attracting tourists or locals to the downtown area.
How about picking up a broom and cleaning up the fronts of your businesses?
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit