Letters to the editor for Saturday, Dec. 9, 2017
December 8, 2017
Post Office being mismanaged
On Monday, Dec. 4, an entire portion of Carson City Route 23 wasn't delivered, consisting of Gentry Lane, Heidi Circle, Ethel Way and Conte Drive, approximately an hour and 45 minutes of delivery time. I have been informed that this was not unique to this route.
At 7:30 p.m., I called the Post Office and was told that I should have my mail by 9 p.m. as carriers were being sent out presently. I called again at 10:15 p.m. and was told that all carriers were sent home and I would have to wait until the next day to receive mail. Additionally, prior to October of this year we received mail delivery at approximately 4 p.m. every day. Since we received a new carrier, our mail arrives between 6:45 and 7 p.m. daily and she still has at least 45 minutes to deliver.
It is my opinion that since the appointment of our new postmaster, the Carson City Post Office has been grossly mismanaged.
If you wish to express your concern about the operation of your local Post Office, you can contact Gregory Graves, vice president, USPS Western Area Office, 1745 Stout St., Denver, Colorado, 80299.
John A. Sheridan
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’