Letters to the editor for Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018
February 16, 2018
Trump wants to hold parade of all parades
The man who recently boasted, "I'm real smart" and "a very stable genius" has ordained there shall be a parade (humongous) down Pennsylvania Avenue later this year.
Not your usual parade of marching bands, floats, jugglers and clowns, but one consisting of the world's most lethal and sophisticated killing machines (think "Little Rocket Man") with the only clown participating most likely being the grand marshal himself. Imagine tanks, rocket launchers, an abundance of AK-47s and multi-million-dollar jets overhead polluting the air with red, white and blue fumes!
This (fantastically incredible) event will be scheduled for a national holiday as yet unnamed but rumored to be Veterans Day, 2018, which begs the question, will it be possible for his choreographers to perfect a creditable "Trumpian" version of the goose-step (unbelievably beautiful, of course) and teach it to the rank and file within that time frame?
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit