Letters to the editor for Saturday, Jan. 27, 2018
January 26, 2018
When it comes to immigration, political hypocrisy is rampant
We are a nation of laws. The private sector of our population has to adhere to these laws to maintain civility. Government officials, not so much.
Illegal aliens are illegal. In Nevada alone, hundreds of millions of dollars per year are spent on illegals. Housing them in our prisons, educating them, and providing many other services with taxpayer dollars should be illegal.
The attorney general should be arresting the people allowing this to happen. Fifteen million dollars in overtime pay is a drop in the bucket next to what is spent on illegal alien services.
Remember Gov. Sandoval's beautiful (political) smile when raising our taxes? Oh, yeah — for the children. Bull.
Our next governor will probably try the same stunt. Let's stop them.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection