Letters to the editor for Thursday, Dec. 14, 2017
December 13, 2017
Peering through the fog of Medicare
We got our Medicare statement for 2018 and we got a 2 percent raise, but my Medicare went up from $109 to $129. So my final amount is the same as last year. No raise now for two years, as the same thing happened last year.
My wife got her statement for 2018 also. She got a 2 percent raise, but her Medicare went up from $109 to $134. Her new amount showed a $1 raise per month. Last year she got no raise at all, just like I did.
My question is, why is her Medicare $134 and mine is $129? I firmly believe that the government has finagled the figures so you get nothing or just a meager amount that it may as well be nothing.
Prices keep going up on everything, including your property taxes, groceries and utility bills, and we stand behind the eight ball looking into a fog that we can never seem to get out of.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Busy Saturday set for Carson City
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Male’s remains found inside truck retrieved from Lahontan Reservoir
- Carson City supervisors re-consider Lompa plan