Letters to the editor for Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018
February 21, 2018
Trump derides third world countries with good reason
So, the president of the United States, Donald Trump, has uttered the word "s***hole" while referring to some of the third world countries and has ruffled the feathers of some of the politicians in the U.S. and abroad.
Do you think he is the first president of the U.S. to use vulgar language while conducting business in the White House? I bet not.
Do we see immigrants living in the United States demonstrating and protesting to return to their native countries, or are they happy to be here?
Think about it … maybe some of those third world countries have earned that title.
I wish my father was still alive. I would like to thank him for coming to the U.S. as an immigrant, becoming a U.S. citizen and giving me the opportunity to live here.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’