Letters to the editor for Thursday, Jan. 1, 2015
December 31, 2014
Guns responsible for police officers' deaths
Two police officers are gunned down in New York City and everyone is searching for meaning in these two senseless deaths; talking about everything but the obvious — the elephant in the room — it's the guns, stupid!
Two police officers who had spent years in a hazardous profession and survived. They both would still be alive if someone had just punched them out. No, it was bullets fired from guns that led to their deaths, or otherwise, they would have been home spending the Christmas holidays with family and friends.
Nevada City, Calif.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit